Less than 10% of plastics are recycled, which is alarming because plastic takes hundreds of years to degrade. Even then, plastic only becomes microplastic, which is harmful to humans, animals and the planet. More than 100 million marine animals die each year from plastic waste alone.
Tiny Rescue is a conscious lifestyle brand that works to raise public awareness about important issues through sustainable products that are kind to the planet. If you haven’t heard of Tiny Rescue yet, now is the time! One Green Planet is proud to collaborate on T-shirt design and partner with Tiny Rescue in the Climate Group. The Tiny Rescue x One Green Planet t-shirt and sweatshirt are completely waste-free and made with recycled fibers to make the planet a greener place. When you’re done, simply send it back to Tiny Rescue, and it will be reprocessed and responded to to create a new product!
We did this collaboration to raise awareness about the dangers of climate change. Join Tiny Rescue x One Green Planet and wear your cause by purchasing one of these t-shirts!
Here are 6 ways animals are affected by climate change, and if you look at the design closely, you’ll see that we’ve made some of the animals most affected.
Available in a sweatshirt, a casual t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and a slim fit t-shirt!
1. Habitat loss
There is no doubt that human activities have – all too often – had a disastrous impact on the Earth’s ecosystems. From the millions of tons of plastic that end up in the oceans annually to the fact that our greenhouse gas emissions are skyrocketing, human activity has led to our planet’s massive loss of habitat.
These shirts are carbon neutral and made from recycled materials. It’s also manufactured in renewable energy supply chains, shipped in sustainable packaging, and created on demand!
Earth is losing animals at a rate not seen since the extinction of the dinosaurs: literally, dozens of species of plants and animals go extinct every day. However, unlike the impacts of the asteroids and volcanoes that killed the dinosaurs, experts warn that 99% of currently threatened species are at risk from human activities – especially the effects of climate change.
Slowing the rate of global warming can be a small step for one of us, but it is a huge step when we do it together. All Tiny Rescue products are round because once you’ve finished your product, simply send it back in for recycling and into something new!
3. Plastic pollution
Only about 12% of all plastics are recycled, which is particularly worrying because plastics take hundreds of years to degrade. Even then, only plastic becomes microplastic, which is still harmful to humans, animals and the environment. Lots of animals have to suffer because humans produce an excessive amount of plastic waste. Our addiction to plastic is destroying ecosystems and poisoning animals around the world.
All shirts are made from 50% post-consumer organic cotton / 50% organic cotton and printed in a renewable energy factory, completely plastic free!
4. Forest fires
Fires erupted in northern and southern California. This is due to climate change. Climate change has increased the length of the fire season, making it more harmful and dangerous to animals and their habitats. Wildfires pose a danger to animals in any circumstance, but because firestorms create their own wind patterns and quickly spread across vast expanses of undeveloped land in all directions, their unpredictability gives local wildlife little chance of escape.
5. Ice loss
Global warming is largely caused by the combustion of fossil fuels, which has a huge impact on the planet. The poles, in particular, are heating up faster than the rest of the world. In these frigid regions, warming causes ice to melt at significant rates. Because Arctic animals depend on ice for all of their needs, this glacial retreat has serious repercussions for the polar bear species.
Forests provide a home to millions of diverse animal ecosystems. It provides a home to some of the world’s most iconic wildlife, from the jaguar to the panda, along with a myriad of diverse plant species. Deforestation threatens our environment, affects human lives, and kills millions of animals annually.
“We are proud to say that these tees are made from waste materials!” says Preeta Sinha, founder of One Green Planet.
Easy ways to help the planet:
- Eat less meat: Download food monsterThe largest vegan recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your footprint on the environment, save animals and stay healthy. You can also purchase a hard copy or electronic copy from Favorite vegetarian cookbooks.
- Reduce your fast fashion footprint: Stand up against rapid fashion pollution and support sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue She raises awareness about important issues with zero-waste recycled clothing that is designed to be returned and remade again and again.
- Support for independent media: Public funding gives us more opportunity to continue providing you with high quality content. Please take into consideration support us By donating!
- petition signature: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest roster Petitions must be signed To help people, animals and the planet.
- Stay informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and topics of human interest by subscribing to Our newsletter!
- Do what you can: Reduce waste Plant trees Eat local food Travel responsibly Reuse things Say no to single-use plastic Recycle Vote smarter Switch to cold water washing Ditch fossil fuels Save water Shop wisely Donate if You can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget the microplastics and microbeads lurking in popular home and personal care products!