1. “High-quality. Seat me. However I’ll make it as exhausting as… so that you can sit with me.”
That was Fox NFL analyst Greg Olsen the SI Media podcast Simply over a month in the past after we talked about probably changing Tom Brady within the sales space every time the legendary quarterback retires.
Two weeks into the NFL playoffs, Olsen is clearly going to make it tough for Fox to bench him.
Although we’re working with a small pattern of video games, Olsen has had an ideal postseason and is poised to achieve extra viewers because of this 12 months’s Fox broadcast of the Tremendous Bowl.
Olsen actually confirmed his chops within the ultimate three minutes of the Niners’ victory over the Cowboys on Sunday. Most analysts fail late in video games, as a result of they do not perceive clock administration and timeout technique. In the meantime, Olsen could not be extra of all of it.
Because the Cowboys hit their ultimate run of the sport, Olsen, after ending close to midfield, identified that despite the fact that Dallas tight finish Dalton Schultz obtained out of bounds, the clock hadn’t stopped, as a result of he wasn’t shifting ahead when he hit. margin. Olsen additionally referred to as on Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy and the Dallas gamers to not do extra earlier than a late punt to save lots of time on the clock. And at his most interesting second, Olsen identified that McCarthy wanted to name his timeouts earlier than, not after the two-minute warning—a training method most NFL analysts (and coaches) fault with.
Whether or not somebody enjoys a broadcaster is totally private. My two important standards for anybody within the sales space are (1) don’t disturb me; (2) Get the technique proper. Olsen is 2 for 2.
It is also simply tremendous simple listening. He does not go overboard, he does not attempt to act like the gang is silly and he is a footballing genius who is not afraid to criticize gamers and coaches.
If something, I would like to see a little bit extra character out of Olsen. At one level within the Dallas-San Francisco match, Olsen’s companion, Kevin Burkhart, revealed that Olsen had been belting out some Rihanna songs throughout one in every of their automotive journeys over the weekend. I used to be very curious to listen to which Rihanna songs Olsen was jamming. I additionally needed to listen to Olsen drop a couple of bars, however I can perceive why that may be an excessive amount of for some viewers.
Here is the wild factor about Olsen: He is solely been doing this for 2 seasons. Tony Romo was a lead analyst for six seasons. Chris Collinsworth was a lead analyst for 20 years and Troy Aikman was a lead analyst for 21 seasons. Olsen is excellent already, and he is solely going to get higher.
That is the place Brady’s dilemma comes into play. If GOAT decides he is executed with soccer, he has a $375 million contract with Fox that invitations him to develop into its senior analyst.
Will Olsen’s look drive Fox to go along with a three-person cabin? Can fox put brady within the studio and make him part of Fox NFL Sunday?
I believe at this level, Fox goes to must have Brady on board with Burkhardt and Olsen. If Fox demotes Olsen, who has develop into a fan favourite, to Brady, the community will arrange Brady to face main backlash.
Here is what Olsen additionally needed to say throughout that SI Media podcast look:
“Fox believed in me greater than another community. A few of the different networks, we sort of danced round, and there was some curiosity, however no person like Fox. So I solely have positives to say about my total expertise with the folks at Fox. I hope to work with them over the subsequent 20 years.” Subsequent 12 months. I simply hope he is with the A crew.”
It is exhausting to think about at this level, particularly if he had an ideal Tremendous Bowl, that Fox may pull Olsen off the A-list crew.
2. Dak Prescott was the topic of a number of scathing tweets Sunday after he threw two interceptions in Dallas’ loss to San Francisco together with from the COWBOYS social media crew!
3. I used to be shocked extra wasn’t made Sunday about save Robbie Gould saving his crew’s lead within the fourth quarter by unintentionally turning his physique into Cowboys kick returner KaVontae Turpin, who was on the best way for a TD. Oddly sufficient, this was the “remedy” that introduced Turbine down.
4. the outdated adage “the wager does not pay out”? Do not inform that to this man who turned $5 into over $72,000 this weekend by accurately predicting the primary landing scorer in all 4 video games.
5. Is that this a manner for Travis Kelsey to deal with the most effective quarterback within the NFL?
6. Final SI Media podcast Incorporates a dialog with former Tremendous Bowl champion and present podcast host Chris Lengthy.
You may as well see recordsdata SI Media podcast on YouTube.
7. Random Video of the Day: the Royal Rumble It’s this Saturday and as one in every of WWE’s signature pay-per-views, the occasion has had many memorable moments through the years. All through the week, I will be exhibiting a few of these right here. Immediately, we begin with the best Royal Rumble out and in as ever.
You should definitely Observe up on earlier variations of Traina Ideas and take a look at Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jamie Traina on an AppleAnd Spotify or The Google. You may as well comply with Jimmy on Fb TwitterAnd Instagram And Tik Tok.